The Journal of Peer Learning (ISSN 2200-2359) publishes research articles about peer learning across a variety of contexts, predominantly higher education.
The Journal of Peer Learning - formerly The Australasian Journal of Peer Learning - is a ranked journal in the Australian Research Council's Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) journal list. All suitable manuscripts submitted to the Journal of Peer Learning undergo a double-blind peer review process. The Journal of Peer Learning is open-access and does not charge authors or readers a fee.
Volumes 1 to 3 of the Journal of Peer Learning were published as The Australasian Journal of Peer Learning (ISSN 1836-4306). Beginning with Volume 4, the journal publishes as the Journal of Peer Learning. The Editorial for Volume 4 discusses the name change.
Current Volume: Volume 8 (2015)
Developing an embedded peer tutor program in design studio to support first year design students
Lisa Zamberlan and Stephanie Wilson
Peer Assisted Study Sessions for research trainees
Anne Cusick, Danielle Camer, Alexander Stamenkovic, and Melissa Zaccagnini
Developing a peer educator program to raise awareness about elder abuse
Lori E. Weeks, Olive Bryanton, Gloria McInnis-Perry, and Paul Chaulk
Developing Student Mentor self-regulation skills through formative feedback: Rubric development phase
Jackie Hammill, Gill Best, and Jennifer Anderson
Peer learning strategies: Acknowledging lecturers’ concerns of the Student Learning Assistant scheme on a new higher education campus
Adeelah Kodabux and Bheshaj Kumar Ashley Hoolash
Online Peer Assisted Learning: Reporting on practice
Helen Watts, Makis Malliris, and Olivia Billingham
Editors for Volume 8
- Associate Professor Jane Skalicky, Student Life and Learning, University of Tasmania
- Associate Editors
- Dr Gill Best, Academic Development and Support, Victoria University
- Dr Bryce Bunting, College of Undergraduate Education, Brigham Young University
- Dr Kym Cowley, Newcastle Business School, University of Newcastle
- Dr Chad Habel, School of Education, University of Adelaide
- Dr Henk Huijser, Research, Teaching & Learning, Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education
- Ms Linh Pallos, Academic Language and Learning Success Program, Charles Darwin University
- Dr Clare Power, Learning and Teaching unit, University of Western Sydney
- Dr Jacques Van Der Meer, College of Education, University of Otago
- Editorial Advisor
- Sally Rogan, Director, Peer Learning and the National Centre for PASS, University of Wollongong
- The Editorial Team sincerely thanks the reviewers for this volume.
- Please see the Editorial Board page for our complete and current Editorial Board and team