The Rhesus monkey brain : in stereotaxic coordinates
The Rhesus Monkey Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates is the most comprehensive and accurate atlas of the monkey brain currently available. The second edition of this classic book is a complete revision, featuring many improvements and upgrades. Constructed by the established leaders in neuroanatomical atlas development, the new edition will again be the indispensable resource for all scientists working on the primate nervous system.
* 151 coronal diagrams and 151 accompanying photographic plates spaced at 120 um intervals; diagrams completely revised
* 60 photographic coronal plates of SMI immunoreactivity; delineations completely revised.
New in this edition
* DVD with all drawings in Adobe Acrobat (r) pdf format as well as eps files of photographic plates
* Inclusion in the DVD of 3D reconstructions of the diagrammatic atlas done by two major teams headed by Rolf Kotter and Louis Collins
* Linking of structure names from the atlas to the CoCoMac neuroinformatics database for online retrieval of additional information on partitioning schemes and connectivity
* Inclusion of MR images at approximately the same levels as the coronal diagrams
* This monkey brain atlas follows the same nomenclature and abbreviations conventions as the mouse, rat, chicken, and human brain atlases published under George Paxinos' leadership