Download Full Text (136.1 MB)
05. Welcome to Woop Woop.
06. Newsfront Industry news.
10. Fresh Air. Letters and your email reports.
11. AFI Wrap. Michael Ward searches the Horden Pavilion for elfin star Pia Miranda.
14. Animated Helmets on the Red Planet. Digital FX team leader Tony Clark writes about creating objects around Val Kilmer’s head.
17. To Market To Market Columbia Tristar’s Suzanne Stretton-Brown.
18. Australian Filmmakers Abroad. They’re working in every nook and cranny of Hollywood, plus a few places in between, like New Zealand.
21. Final Cut Richard Frankland.
22. Mailboy. Under the tutelage of first-time director Vince Giarrusso, bright young thing Kane McNay comes into his own in Mailboy.
24. On set. South Australia has carved a niche as the place to shoot on a shoestring budget. J Harkness stayed home to direct his feature debut, Dope.
26. Hollywood Down Under. The studios occasionally come to Australia and New Zealand because production here is cheap. Alan Duff argues we shouldn’t kid ourselves it’s otherwise.
28. The Box. Mark Woods.
30. Australian Art Films. Do They Exist? Adrian Martin argues they don't, and for a very good reason.
35. Snapshot Leigh Whannell on Joy.
36.Film. The Dish Almost Famous Mailboy Coyote Ugly Innocence Cunnamulla The Magic Pudding
42.Reading. John Hargreaves...a celebration Looking For Alibrandi The Sound Of One Hand Clapping Out Of The Mist and Steam Coen Brothers The Bond Files Leonard Maltin 2001
44. Video. Intern Do Not Disturb American Perfekt It’s The Rage
45. DVD. Magnolia Joan of Arc Looking for Alibrandi Stuart Little
47. Supplement on the world wide web, digital and cable TV.
54. In Production.
58. The Sum of Us.
Niche Media Pty Ltd, St Kilda, 60p
Reproduced by permission of one of the founding editors, Phillippe Mora. This material is made available for the purposes of research and study. Commercial use is prohibited. Issues digitised from original copies in the collection of Ray Edmondson.
Boland, Michaela, (2001), Cinema Papers #136 December 2000 - January 2001, Niche Media Pty Ltd, St Kilda, 60p.