Download Full Text (141.8 MB)
05. Welcome to Woop Woop.
06. Newsfront. Industry news
08. Fresh Air. Letters and your email reports.
09. Final cut. Rob Sitch on the Australian sun.
10. Dancing For Their Lives. Bootmen, Center Stage, Billy Elliot and Kick: Adrian Martin explores the red-hot rash of movies doing the bump and grind.
14. Digital Movie Emergence. With George Lucas leading the charge, the cinema industry is wondering who’s going to pay for the brave new world. Angus Fontaine reports.
16. Norman Lindsay’s Magic Pudding on The Big Screen. Animation director Robbert Smit details how the massive project came together.
23. The Getting of Wisdom. Kick Gurry.
24. Uncloaking Hilary Linstead. One of the film industry’s most enduring characters speaks to Michaela Boland.
26. In The Realm of the Censors. Des Clarke and Mark Spratt chat about classifying pink bits.
30. David Wenham profile. Michaela Boland discovers romantic comedies are a relatively new string to Diver Dan’s bow.
33. The Box. Lisa Dethridge on improving scripts.
35. To Market To Market. Joel Pearlman on marketing Looking for Alibrandi.
40.Film. Better Than Sex Russian Doll Shaft Walk the Talk Cherry Falls Million Dollar Hotel What Lies Beneath
46.Reading. Who Killed Hollywood...and Put the Tarnish on Tinseltown? Action/Spectacle Cinema: A Sight and Sound Reader Bonnie and Clyde Blonde A Novel The Virgin Suicides High Fidelity
48. Video. Essex Boys Molly Pups
49. DVD. Snow Falling on Cedars Jaws The Bone Collector
51. Supplement. SPAA 2000 and entering short film festivals.
54. InProduction. 58. The Sum of Us. Local reviewers rate releases.
Niche Media Pty Ltd, St Kilda, 64p
Reproduced by permission of one of the founding editors, Phillippe Mora. This material is made available for the purposes of research and study. Commercial use is prohibited. Issues digitised from original copies in the collection of Ray Edmondson.
Boland, Michaela, (2000), Cinema Papers #135 October - November 2000, Niche Media Pty Ltd, St Kilda, 64p.