Download Full Text (125.5 MB)
06. The Way We Were. David Parker recalls Cinema Papers early days.
07. Newsfront. Industry news. 08. Fresh Air. Letters and your email reports.
10. What’s Love Got To Do With It? Adrian Martin explores the weirdness of a romantic comedy with a solo star.
17. The Getting of Wisdom. Sacha Horler on cleaning up at the AFI awards.
18. A Monk’s Game. The Cup is Bhutan’s very first feature film production and it’s directed by a Tibetan monk with a lust for life.
21. Final Cut. Phillip Noyce in LA
22. Everyone’s Looking for Alibrandi. Looking for Alibrandi is a hot new Australian film featuring some hot new actors.
25.The Box. Australians are a funny people - they love their comedies and enjoy a joke.
26. Cannes Unplugged. A glance at the new Australian films and where they may slot into the Cannes Film Festival.
29. Hard Act to Follow. Peter Greenaway, the arthouse director renowned for visual lushness and moral decay visits Adelaide with his latest work in progress.
34. To Market, To Market. Alan Finney asks, “Where are the middleground Australian movies?”
36. Europe On 25 Frames Per Second. Barrie Pattison’s travel guide to European film sites.
39.Snapshot. Leigh Whannell reviews Cordelia Beresford’s short film Serenades.
40. Films. What’s Love Got To Do With It? Adrian Martin explores the weirdness of a romantic comedy with a solo star. Sample People Looking For Alibrandi The Cup Me Myself I Pitch Black Muggers Mansfield Park
46. Books. The Oxford Companion to Australian Film Titanic Identifying Hollywood’s Audiences 36 Europe On 25 Frames Per Second. Barrie Pattison’s travel guide to European film sites. British Cinema of the 1990s Stanley Kubrick, Director - A Visual Analysis
49.Supplement. Studios. Locations. Travel.
55. InProduction. What’s going on in the industry?
58.The Sum Of Us. Local reviewers rate releases
Niche Media Pty Ltd, St Kilda, 60p
Reproduced by permission of one of the founding editors, Phillippe Mora. This material is made available for the purposes of research and study. Commercial use is prohibited. Issues digitised from original copies in the collection of Ray Edmondson.
Boland, Michaela, (2000), Cinema Papers #132 May 2000, Niche Media Pty Ltd, St Kilda, 60p.