Abstract

The Formal Opening of The Above Mine and Jetty Will Take Place To-day at 3pm. Refreshments Will be Provided A Whole Bullock Will be Roasted All Are Invited to Attend and Partake Of the Good Cheer SAYWELL & WILSON Proprietors The above notice appeared in the WOLLONGONG ARGUS on Saturday November 12, 1887 to mark the re-opening of the coal mine at Russell Vale. There had been previous attempts to mine coal from this location but, for various reasons, none had succeeded enough to satisfy the owners and the mine had closed.

Share

COinS