Aims & Scope
The Journal of University Teaching and Learning Practice aims to add significantly to the body of knowledge describing effective and innovative teaching and learning practice in the higher education environment.The Journal aims to provide a forum for educational practitioners in a wide range of disciplines to communicate their teaching and learning outcomes in a scholarly way. Its purpose is to bridge the gap between journals covering purely academic research and more pragmatic articles and opinions published elsewhere.
The peer review process
- 1. The paper is reviewed by a member of the editorial board to determine suitability for the journal. The paper may be rejected at this stage without undergoing a peer review process.
- 2. If the paper is deemed to be within the scope of the journal two suitable reviewers are selected from the extensive international panel.
- 3. The blind peer review is conducted through a fully on line process.
- 4. Reviewers are encouraged to respond within 21 days after nomination. Regular automated reminders are sent to late reviewers.
- 5. The senior editor examines the recommendations from the two reviewers and makes a decision. Where there is significant disparity between two reviewers a third reviewer is sought.
- 6. The decision is recorded and an email sent to all authors.
- 7. Where major changes are required, authors are invited to resubmit within 3 months. Accompanying the resubmission should be a separate document listing the recommended changes from reviewers and identifying how they have been addressed or explaining the reason they have not been addressed. One of the initial reviewers will be invited to re-review the paper and make a further recommendation.
- 8. Where minor changes are required, the same process applies but the senior editor will review the response.
- 9. When the paper is rejected there is no invitation to resubmit.
- 10. If the paper is accepted authors are requested to finalise editing prior to moving into the production phase which may involve further editing and refinements to the layout.