Dr Harry Herbert Lee was born in 1876 at Little Milton, Oxfordshire, son of Dr Timothy Wood Lee. The Lee family arrived in the Colony of NSW in 1883. Dr Harry Lee resided and operated a medical practice from a home they built in Keira Street, Wollongong. When the practice grew too large in 1925 he built another house in Church Street, which he named Ditchley. Dr Harry Lee died at Ditchley on 24 June 1959 and is buried in Berkeley Pioneer Cemetery.
Herben, Carol, "Dr Harry Herbert Lee ", Illawarra Historical Society Bulletin, March 2013, 15.