Download Full Text (125.3 MB)
06„Newsfront. Industry news. OT.Fresh Air. Letters and email reports.
08.The Box. Ingrid Ohlsson
10. Storming The Castle. Tearlach Flutcheson charts The Castle's US release while executive producer Michael Hirsh sets the record straight to Michaela Boland.
15. The Getting of Wisdom. Colin Moody
15. Final Cut. EliseMcCredie.
18. Byrning the Candle. Michaela Boland interviews Rose Byrne, one of Australia’s hottest young actors
21. To Market To Market. John Thornhill To be really successful Australian films need to sell internationally
22. Snapshot. John Safran previews Oh Harvey Where Art Thou? .
23. DOT.COM.WHAT? Shane Danielsen searches for answers to the dot.com.craze sweeping through the film industry.
26. Screen Culture Under Seige. Will the AFI survive the latest round of funding cuts?
28. Man Overboard. Cinematographer John Seale writes about lensing this year’s SFX extravaganza The Perfect Storm.
30. Cacking Themselves. To celebrate the release of Yahoo Serious’ latest film - Mr Accident - Deb Verhoeven casts a glance over Australia’s love of quirky comedies.
34.Film My Mother Frank Jesus’ Son Mr Accident Rules of Engagement Eye of the Beholder Bootmen
39. Reading The Comedy Writer Mighty Movies: Movie Poster Art from Plollywood’s Greatest Adventure Epics and Spectaculars Bloomsbury Movie Guide: Jaws Cambridge Film Flandbook: The Piano Twin Peeks, Australian & New Zealand Feature Films Which Lie Did I Tell?
40. DVD Run Lola Run The Winslow Boy Crazy in Alabama
42.Video Another Day in Paradise Me and Will Rumpelstiltskin
45.Supplement. Spotlighting the exhibition and distribution industries.
54. InProduction. Whats going on in the industiy?
58. The Sum of Us. Local reviewers rate releases.
Niche Media Pty Ltd, St Kilda, 60p
Reproduced by permission of one of the founding editors, Phillippe Mora. This material is made available for the purposes of research and study. Commercial use is prohibited. Issues digitised from original copies in the collection of Ray Edmondson.
Boland, Michaela, (2000), Cinema Papers #134 August - September 2000, Niche Media Pty Ltd, St Kilda, 60p.